Date / Time
Jun 2, 2018 Save to your calendar (.ics file)
Location (map below)
Good Shepherd Building
4649 Sunnyside Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
Join us for a weekend of personal and professional development and come away with the tools needed to make a difference.
Free for WSNA union members! (The Union Leadership Summit is designed for and limited to WSNA union-represented nurses. Nurses covered by a WSNA union contract who are not yet full dues-paying members will be charged a fee of $20 upon registration.)
Lunch will be provided.
Learn more about the Leadership Summit Series.
- 2017 Safe Staffing Law
- Violence in the workplace
- Fighting the attack on workers' rights
The Janus Supreme Court Ruling poses immense threat to labor unions in the U.S. This ruling will directly impact union members with downstream impact on fellow nurses and patients. This 6-hour continuing education event will provide nurses the opportunity to better understand the Janus ruling, threat of such a ruling and potential impact if this law passes, and action they may take now to mitigate impact.
- Nurses will demonstrate the understanding that the Janus/Supreme Court ruling poses a significant threat to their union power and solutions to mitigate impact.
- Attendee will understand how workplace violence is defined and what their legal rights are in Washington state and action they may take if concerns or potential threats are identified.
- Attendees will understand how the new patient safety act in 2017 interfaces with the safe staffing law in Washington state (2008) and the planned rollout and implementation in their facilities.
Invite your fellow nurses! Download our flyer and hang it up in your breakroom.
- Seattle Leadership Summit Flyer (pdf; 555.36 KB)
For WSNA union members, you will need your WSNA member ID number. Call (206) 575-7979 if you need help locating your ID number.